Thursday, July 3, 2008

Countdown



So, we've got a date scheduled for a c-section on July 23rd!!!!! We're so excited and can't believe we finally have a countdown and it's less than 3 weeks now. There are a few factors of course, my gestational diabetes which is pretty under control now and the high blood pressure I seem to have developed. Correction, by nature I am a professional worry wart and stresser so my blood pressure usually runs a little high, but right now I am spiking REALLY high. lol :-)


I'm now on bedrest and just as long as the blood sugars stay good and I don't develope Preclampsia (sp?) then we remain on schedule. Dr. Souri has warned us that if they get wacky we will pull the baby early as these are a larger danger to the little one than possible fluid in the lungs. I have faith that everything should go along just fine. Last week at all my doctors appointments my blood pressure was still high but much better than I had been running the week before. yeah!!!


Livie is doing really well but is worried about me. This is the only part I hate. We downplay everything and smile through all my insulin shots and finger pricks but she still gets upset a little. Now that I am laying down all the time she's sticking really close. I have THE most sensitive sweet little girl born to God's green earth. She's always asking if i'm okay, if i'm tierd, if i am drinking from my water bottle she just runs over and helps hold it, if i try to shift around on the couch she always runs over and tries to help. Every few minutes she will run over and give me repeated kisses or gives me eskimo kisses, or just wants to sit on the couch next to my head and talk and talk about all sorts of stuff. I am so proud and love my little girl so much for the great person she is already and she's not even 3 yet. But I hate seeing her worried, and I can't stop it. I stay as upbeat as possible and tease and play with her from the couch as much as possible, we don't use the words sick or anything that will worry her, but somehow she seems to know.


I can't wait to have baby boy and complete our little family. I can't wait to be healed up so that I can play with Livie again. I look so forward to being able to lay on the floor with both of my kids and interact and play with them both. Livie keeps asking more and more about baby brother and has started asking when he's going to come out of my tummy. It's really neat. It's neat to KNOW that she's going to be a great big sister.

1 comment:

kittie5000 said...

Oh I am soooo excited for you guys. Livie sounds just like a little angel the way she is so eager to take care of you. Oh and I can't wait to meet new baby boy. Ooo this is so exciting. I love you guys.