Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A quiet day


Today is overcast with a really fine mist of rain. All of my rhodies are almost at a full bloom and I've got hanging baskets and pots filled with brilliant colored flowers. I've always wanted a beautiful and lush colorful yard. I struggled in Idaho and was never able to get a yard or plants TO STAY ALIVE lol

Growing up both my grandfathers had BEAUTIFUL yards they took a lot of pride in, but more importantly, received a lot of enjoyment and peace from. Then there was always Momma and Poppa Dohner....beautiful yards...

One of my blessings from moving to Washington is how much we love the weather here, the local plant life. Its so green, lush and colorful. We really love those qualities. And luckily whomever owned this house before us took advantage of that. We have a tree rhodie in white, a beautiful cluster the largest being a beautiful pink with a red and a purple planted beneath/beside it. Makes a beautiful boquet almost. :-) Along side the house and at the front corner with have two rhoadies, both a bright almost fuschia pink. I found two columbine (?) plants and I am now waiting for my blue hydrangia to bloom right next to my kitchen door and I will be in bliss.

My hanging plants are already growing over the sides and looking beautiful (can't wait to got to the store and get a few more to fill my sad empty hanging baskets!!)

It feels good to make a home, and a really sweet personal pride I get to take now. I love going outside with Livie and watching that little blonde head bent over these beautiful flowers and watching her concentrate so hard on holding the heavy watering can and her smiling as she gets to give "the pretty fowers a dink".

It's a good time. :-)

1 comment:

Mel said...

I am SO glad that you finally have flowers! The picture is wonderful. My parents are probably jealous of your large "rodos". They just love those plants :)

Have fun in your yard and at the beach. Mel